My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Spring, some first daises and a first Cygnet at Arundel WWT

I had a couple of ours spare today, and as I was near Arundel WWT I popped in for a wander, some birds and a sandwich for lunch.

The wander was lovely in the warm sunshine.. The birds were showing definite signs of spring..

This Eider Duck was having a wash and brush up..






and two male Mallards were having a real ding dong... water everywhere.. and so aggressive..






and my first new born of the Spring - a young Black-necked Swan... This was a collection bird and I think quite recently hatched as it was very wobbly..




Round by the feeders work was in progress renewing the board walk so the feeder area was a bit under populated.. a Blue Tit posed for a wee while.


 The Black-headed Gulls are getting their black (brown) heads now reading for summer..

but some aren't quite there yet.

A Dunnock was in full voice, and had a fluff up..

and my very first daises of Spring :D

2 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

aw bless!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

A black necked swan would be a new one for me, I've seen yer actual black swan escapees though. Beautiful birds, especially on the wing

Related Posts with Thumbnails