My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 8 March 2015

Sheffield Park Gardens - first Spring visit..

As is my wont, I arrived rather early for my visit today but had a nice wander whilst waiting to go into the gardens.  This Robin was in full voice near the pound which is near the cafe.





I was first through the door and it was a lovely feeling to have it all to myself -  albeit just for a few minutes.






The numerous Mallards were being exceedingly noisy and a great deal of chasing about was going on :D
























A new plant for me - it's a Giant Butterbur.. and spread rather easily as I was informed by a very knowledgeable volunteer in the garden section.






I stopped briefly at Chailey Windmill on the way home.  Some trees have been cut down which might explain why I'd not noticed it before this.  It need more explanation as there didn't seem to be anywhere to park... it's on the edge of Chailey Common.



A lovely day...

3 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Coots and mallards are very racey on my local waters at the moment! The coots are hilarious.

Roy Norris said...

You have an artistic eye for framing scenic images Tricia. Its not something that you can learn really, its natural.

Tricia Ryder said...

Roy.. 'blush' thank you.. but Sheffield Park makes it very easy to 'frame' the marvellous views.

Sion - Coots are mad at all times of the year :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails