My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 17 May 2015

Guernsey - in the sunshine!

So I'm on hols... this time in Guernsey.  And for those of you who haven't heard of this island... it's not that much further south than the UK and north of France.  (When I rang my credit card supplier to notify that I would be using my card in Guernsey... the young lady... in the UK... said she'd never heard of Guernsey!!!)

However, easy journey to the airport, no queue whatsoever to check in, boarded the plane with no probs, took off a little late because of density of planes waiting to take off. AND only a 35 minute flight... great so far.

Arrived at Guernsey airport to find that initially the car rental company couldn't find my bookinng.. but finally they did and we were off.

Having dumped our cases at the hotel, we headed into St Peter Port (the main town) for a wander and to discover what was where!.












We visited Candie Gardens which were beautiful













and stopped for a cuppa where we had marvelous views over the harbour and sea
















The Town Church which is St Peters..


























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails