My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 24 June 2016

Brownsea Island

Set off for Brownsea Island today.. first time I'd been there

Some pics along the way to Poole harbour to catch the Ferry across..




At the Harbour

and from the ferry as the boat was leaving



Getting near to Brownsea.... not the best light for any pictures today... so plenty of record shot!!






Family of Canada Geese


and domesticated chickens






I'd had a walk and then stopped for  coffee.. I had a companion.



Ponders was happy




and off for a birdy walk around some of the hides.... Common (?) tern



Med Gull

Sandwich Tern


and finally a Red Squirrel that wasn't in too much darkness under the trees






This peacock was trying to eat my scone... so I had to move to a table rather than sit on the bench!!

and finally on the ferry back to Poole.... this time the boat went around some of the islands










and then... back to the hotel for a cuppa!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails