My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 20 June 2016

Petworth .. for a short wander....

Been a strange day - hither and thither... but finally by mid afternoon I managed to get out for some fresh air at Petworth.

It was periodically sunny and very warm after the day-long rain... almost how I imagine monsoon conditions to feel like.

As I wandered up the hill, a family of Nuthatches were darting about - I think there were 3 of then but they were very fast and the light was against them.






Lots of orchids growing in amongst all the meadow flowers..



I know Mallards don't perch, said Mr Ponders, but this hole was just the right size for me to gaze out at the world from..

Given we've had a great deal of rain and it's been warm, everything is looking very lush and green!!




I popped into the cafe for a fruity scone..


Roses were looking lovely









Pleasant wander and Mr Ponders was glad to escape for a bit ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails