My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 26 December 2016

Stourhead Gardens - revisted

Having spent Christmas day at my son's home in Bristol and with my daughter, her partner and my grandson ... I headed off on Boxing Day making a detour to Stourhead ( a place I've visited many times) on the way home

Virtually had the place to myself on arrival.... and the sun was beginning to add some light to the late etc..











In the Grotto..

Mr Ponders thought this a rather nice place to sit and watch the world go by..











Mostly Mallards, Coots and Moorhens on the water today plus one or two Tufted Ducks



















Many robins about all being busy and some obviously in pairs.. this one... was reluctant to pose..










Near the cottages on the way back to the visitor centre.. Marsh Tit..




and a really amazing Fruit Scone 5 out of 5 on the 'scone scale' !!

A lovely wander in the Boxing Day sunshine to clear away the cobwebs...

and the journey home was far better than that when I'd visited with Pete back in 2014 - when the A303 was shut and traffic hideous.. this time.. sailed through.. thankfully :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails