My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Belton House.. revisted..

Typical Autumn day today.. breezy, cool and with intermittent sun..

I headed north early whilst it was still dark with  break along the way.  Called to collect my room key from where I'm staying then headed out.

So away for a few days now, and today I was at Belton House.. the house was closed but I'd visited it before.

Built for Sir John Brownlow in the 1680's, Belton House has all the design features of a classic English country home.  Sitting in formal Italian and Dutch gardens and an historic 1300 acre deer park, Belton is often cited as the quintessential country house estate.

There's acres of parkland and apparently the National Trust at Belton have just taken on board 9 white Deer.. which were definitely in hiding today.. but given the 1300 acre area they can cover hardly surprising I didn't find them!

I wandered through the formal gardens which are still look very colourful




































The Boat House and the Lake





Pleasant day.. at least it was dry and the sun shone at times... so not too bad a day!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails