My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 14 December 2018

Bateman's House and Gardens

Today I went with my very good friend for a visit to National Trust house and gardens, Batemans.  In principal to see the house decorated for Christmas

It was freezing.  It was -1 when I left home and had risen to 3 degrees by the time I arrived to pick up my friend.  The highest temperature all day was 4 degrees!

However, a tour round the house.  The few rooms that were decorated were done so on the them of Rudyard Kipling's Just so Stories.






























Despite it being dull, grey and cold we had a wander around the  garden



The Mill Pond is undergoing extensive restoration.. hopefully to be open by the Spring of next year.















A top on the way back for a quick visit to a garden centre.. with a view.  Lovely place for a "warmer day" visit when you can sit on the balcony and enjoy the view and something from the cafe




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails