My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 8 December 2018

Petworth... for Christmas decor

On the spur of the moment (was going elsewhere) I headed off to Petworth to see the Christmas-decorated rooms in the house.

The forecast wasn't good, but as I started there was a little blue sky..




and then into the rooms of the house, where, in Georgian times, George O'Brien Wyndham and his wife Elizabeth lived - to an adorned dining table dressed appropriately for the time in one of the State Rooms















Off then for a short wander down to the lake.. the skies were getting greyer by the minute



Not much bird life.. loads of Coots plus 2 Greylag Geese and some gulls, as far as I good see.







Then a visit to the Servants Quarters



Where I sampled some Wassail.. which, albeit was very sweet, it was rather nice..!












Through the corridors..


and into the Cafe..

for an excellent scone for lunch..













 and then off for some standard shopping... nice to have some fresh air and stretch my legs.

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

After a nice morning I got utterly soaked!

Related Posts with Thumbnails