My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 2 December 2018

Rainy day - Nymans and Warnham LNR

Slow to get going this morning with the continuing grey skies and rain... had enough now as I expect everyone has!

I went to Nymans Gardens later than usual.. there was a Children's Christmas theme running and (encouragingly for Nymans) the gardens were packed.   I had a very short walk and a scone for lunch before heading off.  I'll be going back later in the week.


A local vineyard, Plumptons, had a tasting session in the shop, so I popped in and sampled the Bacchus.

and then a warm scone for lunch

Trees and a bench wrapped in knitted "stockings"



I decided to come back another day to see more the of the "Christmas" gardens and went to Warnham Nature Reserve.

The water levels were high and it was grey and dull.

Two Great Crested Grebes, one Little Grebe, a couple of Herons out on the water



and a flock of about 30 Redwings on the far side of the reserve..record shot only!





8 Female and 2 Male Pheasants..most I've ever seen here.. under the feeders


The usual culprits about and good to see the Gt. Spotted Woodpecker

Someone had reported a Siskin... but not seen by me.

Good to get a couple of hours of fresh air. (albeit didn't clear my headache!), . but hopefully things will cheer up before too long!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails