My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 21 February 2019

Beach wander with my grandson

Had a longish walk to one of my much visited beach-side cafes today, and my grandson came with me.  Was great to have his company... and he made me laugh!!

Lunch.. plus coffee









This is a permanent memorial to the Canadian forces who were stationed in and around Worthing in WW1 and WW2.

It seem fitting that I walked past these today on what, would have been, my Mother's 100th Birthday..
My father was Canadian and come over to the UK during WW2 and was then killed in action in Italy.
His older brother, my uncle, was also over here with the Canadian Army and was stationed in Worthing.  I think Mum would have liked the pics of the memorial






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails