My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 23 February 2019

West Dean Gardens with some birds & Benbow Pond with Goslings!

I awoke to this fog.  Having planned to go a bit further afield today, I decided against it - didn't want to get there and find fog persisting.

As I drove to West Dean Gardens, and went over the top of the hill, I drove into brilliant sunshine; this persisted all day so a great stroll around West Dean Gardens.

I was hoping there would be some lambs, but a bit early here yet.

Highlights?  Red Kites and Buzzards flying over the garden.  Saw at least three Brimstone Butterflies and one Red Admiral.  Saw Wren, Goldfinches and the usual culprits and numerous nesting crows.. and finally a ladybird.















Acorn looking for some lambs..







































































I called in at Benbow ponds.  Egyptian Geese nest there most years.. so I want to see if they were this year!  Indeed they were and they had 5 Goslings!!!















Gorgeous day - went without a coat for most of it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails