My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 11 February 2019

Claremont Garden revisted.

Trip back in time today.. Claremont Gardens used to be my 'local' National Trust property when I lived in Surrey.. and today I went back for a visit with a friend.

To start - brilliant sunshine and clear blue skies... these lasted for a while but gradually the clouds appeared and then intermittent sunshine.

Whilst I wandered, we heard a Woodpecker drumming; the Canada Geese and Ring-necked Parakeets were definitely into the Spring mood - and saw Daisies in flower .. just lovely
























As I got to the top with a view over the lake, the sun completely disappeared!







On the boundary of the gardens with a private house, I sneaked a view of this young lady sitting reading above a water inlet.. it was a beautiful garden - but being a private house, never likely to see it.


About 3 Greylags in total today..

And lunchtime - a bowl of Cauliflower, Leek and Brie Cheese soup.. with a tasty cheese scone!



The lone Black Swan.. there used to be two..





No comment!




 Lovely day out.... good to be back on familiar territory.. :)

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I have some very similar tufted duck pictures myself from yesterday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails