My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 24 February 2019

Hever Castle.. and the sun shone warmly

I wanted to go somewhere for a change without driving too far. 
So off I went to Hever Castle.  I knew it would be crowded so I arrived before it opened and had a wander around the more popular spots before heading off around the lake
























































An ok scone for lunch with a coffee sitting outside in the sunshine

my lunchtime spot!



and then a walk by the lake. not something I've done here before.  Next time I will start off there and hopefully complete the whole walk.










A pair of Goosanders (?) unless I'm advised otherwise













At least two pairs of Great Crested Grebes - doing a bit of head waggling
















































Lovely wander.. and my car told me it was 17 degrees as I left.. but it did drop to 15 once I started driving!

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

The drake mallards are in fantastic condition

Related Posts with Thumbnails