My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 21 March 2008

The Great Escape

The Three Muskateers (Grandson, dog and I) made a brief and very windblown trip to Bushey Park today. Using the excuse of taking the dog for a walk, I wanted to check up on the Goslings.

Very happy to report that all four are doing very well. All the usual suspects on the Boating Pond including several Tufted Ducks and Red-crested Pochard. In the wind they were all having a "bad hair day".

Today the Goslings were swimming and I didn't see them on dry land. Also spotted a couple of swans (now there's a change) and a Pied Wagtail landed just in front of me. My Grandson hadn't seen the Goslings - for real - only having seen pictures before. He did admit that they were cute though!

Back in the car it was incredibly warm having been heated by the sun. Not as bad a day for weather as I feared. However, we've just had a hailstorm accompanied by thunder, but at least we are under cover.








3 comments:

Mel said...

Beautiful pictures!
Sounds like a nice walk :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks Mel :)

Anna Simpson said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your blog is excellent, well done, keep up the good work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails