My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 12 October 2012

Arundel WWT and town... dodging the showers

I nipped over to Warham Nature Reserve today in the hopes of catching the Osprey.  I dipped on that.  It had been seen by the Warden early this morning and before the reserve opened.  I did see Goldcrest and Kingfisher though - which was good!

Went over to Arundel WWT - but only just started out on the reserve when the heavens opened.  I took refuge in the tea room for a while then decided to call it a day.

Driving away along the road that eventually runs along the foot of Arundel Castle, the Autumn colours in the (now!) sunlight were rather lovely.  Lots of yellow but not the golden brown yet.

(For OC...) 







As I crossed Arundel Bridge there was a parking space so I parked the car and took a couple of pics of a small part of the castle peeping over the town.




Standing and looking down on the River Arun




I crossed over and went down by the riverside; it's fairly restricted here and you can't get far .. Unless you're a Black-headed Gull of course.




Another last look before going back to the car and home!




Tomorrow's weather as forecast? Sunshine and clouds.... time will tell!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails