My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Looking for the Osprey - and all I got was muddy!

I decided to look for the Osprey down on the Adur estuary on my way to my daughters.  The tide was just going out so I parked up and walked to the rivers edge.  I was able to walk under the road bridge as I'd seen some turnstones on the other side.

Managed to get a reasonable shot of said Turnstones and also views in either direction.

BUT after having taken a shot of the Turnstones, I decided to walk a bit further.  This was a mistake; my feet slipped in the silt; my feet shot out from under me.  I landed and got very very muddy.

Hey ho - time to go and change into something dry!!  Fortunately I had another pair of trousers in the car and my jacket - still drying!

Looking east..towards Shoreham

Looking west...

Turnstones... and it's not even a very good picture.. lol

1 comment:

Rohrerbot said...

You gotta love the little adventures that happen while out and about.....it has happened to me as well.....my poor car:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails