My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Bushy Park.. dodging the showers

Popped up to Bushy Park today as the weather forecast looked good... and forecasts can be wrong.. so didn't stay too long.

This Ring-necked Parakeet was in a tree near to the car park..


Red crested Pochard


I'm sure this is the Tufted-Duck - RC Pochard Cross I've seen at Bushy in the past..






Investigating a nest hole!!!! in December...



and this tree stump was attracting about 10 Parakeets all investigating the holes..







and as I walked around the pond.. a Cormorant was gazing over the water.




A little Egret.. don't see them over often at Bushy..


and as I was near to Claremont and was hungry I popped in for a fruity scone for lunch.. and it was the usual excellent standard.. but cafe was packed.. as was the car park which I couldn't get in so parked nearby and walked back.


Mt Ponders definitely approved of the scones - and agreed it was the usual high standard of Claremont scones... and quacks to the baker!!

and on the way back ... it rained again...... :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails