My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 21 December 2015

The Sixteen in concert.....

Last night (Sunday) I was at Saffron Hall with Pete, for my last concert of 2015 .. where has the year gone.

I've loved choral music for some years so was delighted that pieces by Thomas Tallis and William Byrd were included in the quite varied programme.  .  The theme for tonight's programme was based on The Virgi Mother and Child

I particularly liked a piece called 'The Lamb' - but all the music was superb and I really can't choose a favourite.

We were treated to an encore of two pieces - the second being Ding Dong Merrily on high... I wish I'd known the title of the other piece... it was very familiar.....

An excellent evening and looking forward to seeing them in concert in February when it will be a very different programme and the orchestra will be joining the singers.

We will be visiting Saffron Hall again next month... it's becoming my favourite concert hall.....




5 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Always end up thinking of the portrayal of Tallis in "The Tudors" who's male lover died of sweating sickness, then got married to a woman who talked to the ghost of her twin sister!

Glo said...

Sounds like the perfect concert to add to the spirit of Christmas. Wishing you a very Merry one!

Tricia Ryder said...

Simon... I didn't know that ... thanks .. :)

Glo - many thanks and good to 'see' you again... a very merry Christmas to you to... :)

Foody said...

Gasp! You saw the Sixteen?! WOw! They are great.

Tricia Ryder said...

Hi Foody... yes ... and we're seeing them again in February at the same place... they ARE great!!!!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails