My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 30 May 2016

The Vyne Estate - Part 2 of 29-05-16

After my morning visit to West Green House and Gardens yesterday.. I went on to the Vyne Estate.

The original house (or rather palace) was built by Henry VIII's Lord Chamberlain - but underwent alterations and had additions under the guardianship of two influential families.  Some of its visitors included Anne Boleyn Elizabeth I and Jane Austen......

I should have visited the two places in the other order.. grey and dull skies in the morning when in beautiful gardens... the sun came out in the afternoon when I visited a house!!

It's a very large estate and I didn't have time to do it justice.  Had a walk through the grounds to the house.. a timed-tour around and then a visit to the cafe for a cuppa and a scone before the drive home.

I will go back when it's less crowded.. it was, after all a bank holiday Sunday and the beginning of the school half term.. and the Vyne Estate is a great place for family picnics down by the lake.


The weeping willow providing a 'canopy' over the water..







and into the house...





























and before the journey home.. a very tasty fruit scone with a cuppa....


As I walked back to the car park.. a Red Kite flew over and disappeared.. just managed to grab a shot!

Families of Greylag Geese




A rather large bull amongst the cows... rather glad there was a fence between us...

Lovely day out and I shall visit both West Green Gardens and The Vyne Estate again..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails