My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 25 January 2008

Brambling and Blackcap

I'm very happy that the lone male Brambling and one of the two female Blackcaps are still visiting my garden. I now have four Siskins - two males and two females but they had left before the sun was up.

Managed to get a couple of pics this morning although both birds were in a shady area of the garden; unfortunately I took these through a double-glazed door that, to my shame, is in need of a clean. Needless to say, as soon as I opened the doors, albeit very quietly and gently, both subjects flew off!

Female Blackcap

Male Brambling in winter plumage

Brambling and Blackcap

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails