My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 10 January 2008

Goldfinches invading the garden and Parakeets Roosting!

Whilst I'm starting to create my blog entry for today, it is WILD, WET AND WINDY!

However, the morning started with some sunshine and an invasion of Goldfinches. I was quite amazed at the number of them. Two separate flocks arrived and I believe that there were about 40 of them - it was the most incredible sight and sound and I managed to get the camcorder set up to capture this.

Equally, I filmed the Ring-necked Parakeets going to roost at Esher Rugby Club back in December last year. Whilst sounding a long time ago it was in fact only last month! Having spent sometime creating a video of both these events and drastically cutting down the movie time, I've now succeeded in publishing my first two videos directly onto my blog. So here goes....

Goldfinches arriving in the garden this morning.



Parakeets going to roost in December 2007

2 comments:

Jan said...

Super vids, lucky thing with all those Goldies. I have only seen one here briefly this winter.

Anonymous said...

Would love to see them in my garden.
I have seen just one, a short while ago and literally fell over myself to get to the camera. Only succeeded in getting a blurred photo but one could see the colours.

April in NEW MILTON

Related Posts with Thumbnails