My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Swanning about

I awoke this morning - felt that my "get up and go" had definitely "got up and gone". Just couldn't get going and didn't want to. Well, the sun was shining so that helped.

Had a toddle off to Painshill. The Great Crested Grebe was no longer on her nest and no sign of any eggs now. But, all was not lost - but that's for another day.

A pair of swans were in amorous mood...

"Quick check that I'm looking my best...."

Seems I was...

A little celebration


and for one, a bathe....



before settling down for a preen.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Cool tricia,
This is always a big moment when we see natural moments like that!! You got a beautiful nuptial sequence. Wonderful.

Midmarsh John said...

Lovely sequence Tricia.
Know how you felt this am. I'm finding it hard to get started in the morning this year,

Anonymous said...

Great photo's of the swans, who are such graceful water birds. Wonderful reflection in the first pic.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks Chris - just in the right place at the right time.

John - strange isn't it - and maddening :(

Jackie - thank you and yes, very graceful - you can see why "Swan Lake" came about.

holdingmoments said...

My get up and go often disappears; sometimes for days on end. lol

Great capture of the Swans.
And another cliffhanger? Grebes?
Hmmmmm. Guess we'll have to wait then. :)

ShySongbird said...

A really lovely tale of the swans and so beautifully told and illustrated.

I have admired your 'get up and go' since I first found you Tricia and wish I had a tiny fraction of it! I really do mean that, and as for mornings... not sure I've heard of those!!

Miranda Bell said...

Hi Tricia - with the rain hammering down outside gives the chance to catch up on a some of the blogs I've not managed to see these past weeks - a lovely posting - so worth getting out after all! I think we all get those days... Miranda

Tom said...

What a fantastic series of picture this is.. all showing such beauty..
I also loved the bluebells in the post below... I was out and about yesterday and came across a clearing that was bursting at the seams with them. A truely great sight at this time of the year.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks Tom - and yes, aren't Bluebells truly a great sight!

Tricia Ryder said...

Keith - sorry to hear you lose your "get up and go" too! Not nice is it!

Grebe story is now posted..

Jan - thank you for your kind comments.

Mornings are strange things. You either love or hate them depending on circumstances. Mostly I like them - more of a lark than an owl!!

Hi Miranda - great to see you're back in circulation. Sorry to hear about your rain - please keep it on your side of the channel though. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails