My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 8 February 2011

A reflective walk Bushy & Painshill Parks

I was meeting a friend for a cuppa in Bushy Park so, as the sun was really warm and shiny, I got there a little early and had a quick walk around the pond.

Mute swans, many of them, were flying up and down but this one was content just to snooze!

A Black-headed Gull had a yawn... it was silent with its beak open!!

And then I watched these two male Mallards for about 15 minutes whilst battle royal ensued. One of them had a battle scar at the back of its neck from where its adversary had had its beak clamped tightly!





Later on, I had to go food shopping so I nipped into Painshill Park
11 Goosanders still there, of which, only 1 was a male!


And I couldn't resist the reflections in the very still water.




The sun had been oh so warm and with no wind, you could think it was really a Spring Day. And just as I was walking back, I'm sure I saw something akin to a butterfly fly across in front of me.

A good walk again.

6 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Beautiful shots Tricia. The sun really makes such a difference doesn't it.
Those Mallards look to be really going at it!

The Quacks of Life said...

lovely shots trish. the sun helps

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks Keith... the Mallards were so aggressive... I was fascinated just watching them!

Pete - thanks and - oh yes!! the sun changes the whole day eh!

Unknown said...

Wonderful tour with excellent photos. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Sunshine and camera, just the combination you need!
Love the Gull.

paul.

Tricia Ryder said...

Gary - thank you... glad to have you aboard (and give Boom a hug for me please? )

Paul... the sun makes such a difference - and not only to the pictures.. just great to have it and anticipate more to come with the promise of spring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails