My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 26 May 2008

Have I missed summer? Part 2

I couldn't stand being a self-restrained prisoner by the weather any longer, so I donned waterproof jacket, trousers and shoes and went for a walk around the block. Once out, it wasn't as bad as I'd feared; it was just "soft rain".

What was so weird though, was the lack of people or cars in the three-quarters of an hour that I was out. I was passed by a mum and son, who were having a jog and one car came down the road. It was as though everyone had left Mother Earth and forgotten to tell me. Probably just as well as I was humming a song to myself - or, I then realised, not quite to myself. So it was probably that that had kept everyone else away. LOL

Felt so much better when I got home, had a shower and a cuppa, and rejoined the human race.

I'd taken my compact camera in my pocket (Canon PowerShot A80). So just a taste of the trees in my "block".




2 comments:

T said...

What's the orange shrub, Tricia? It looks amazing - and massive!

Tricia Ryder said...

Emma - it's a deciduous Azalea and they can be highly scented. Mostly, around where I live, the soil's acidic so rhododendrons, azaleas etc. do very well.

The can grow quite large - I would guestimate that this one is about 8' across.

Related Posts with Thumbnails