My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 8 March 2019

Ashburnham Place in Battle

I met a very good friend today.  As I arrived near where my friend live, the sun was shining..

This is my friend's local pond... note the blue sky and sunshine... that was the most we saw today!




We headed off for Ashburnham..   The grounds and lake are lovely, ( but such a shame we had grey skies and a strong cold wind0.. and are a creation of Capability Brown...

however..


The cordoned off area is for swimming! ( and no, I didn't) 






















A bite to eat the the Orangery cafe ( very good!! ) and then a quick wander in a biting cold wind.


hmmm A cross breed Greylag?

This is a Cedar of Lebanon tree..  probably plant in the 1770s when Lancelot Brown first start the landscape.







 A lovely day out despite with weather and in excellent company.. thank you K...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails