My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 9 March 2019

Buchan Country Park and Ifield

I didn't know what to do today; forecast not that good so didn't fancy going too far.

I hadn't been to Buchan Country Park for a very long time, so started off there.

Not much about.. a couple of Greylags



and a pair of courting Grebes!



From there I went on to Ifield Mill Pond.. although quieter than my previous visit, there was still some activity!!















Three Cormorants active and flying to perch in the tree









When the sun shone.. it was good!

One couple of Grebes.. but it didn't last!


  In the distance..


The Canada Geese were really active!


I then had a break and went to find a cuppa and something to eat elsewhere..

I came back after that and....












It was a good day.. totally unplanned and just played it by ear.. but rewarding. - and thank you, my non-feathered friend "D" for your company ....

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Those cormorant shots are fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails