My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 25 March 2019

Chichester Cathedral, town and Bishop Palace Gardens

Had to go into Chichester today.. needed a new pair of shoes ;)

I had intentionally not taken a camera today given I was awaiting news about when my car ( being repaired) would be ready to collect.. however!!.. having done some essential ( shoe ) shopping ;) I had a wander...

the sun was shining, the sky was blue and it was warm..

So, all phone camera pics today, inside and out..

Wandering through the town..






then through the corridors of the Cathedral..


into the passageway to the Bishop Palace Gardens..








and into the gardens..
























a gentle wander back..


and into the Cathedral..



Reflections from the stained glass window causing colourful patterns...
















and back outside..

I visited the garden of the Cathedral's tea rooms.. to see if there was any sight of the regular nesting Peregrine Falcons.. I saw and heard one as it flew towards the steeple. YAY.
 it seems the necessary scaffolding to repair the roof, hasn't put them off (as I feared).. thankfully!! and there are signs that there could be youngsters "in the making"..

I've not seen a Peregrine Falcon recently.. then saw one again at Ditchling in the last few weeks, then yesterday saw one flying over at Cuckfield Haven, and then again today in Chichester!!



In the tea room gardens..


and a wander back to the car..




Lovely, albeit impromptu, walk in the sun...

There's something about Chichester Cathedral.. I'm not a religious person, but I always feel a sense of well being each time I visit... I visited other churches out of architectural interest.. and so far, Chichester still stands out for me ...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails