My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 24 March 2019

Cuckmere Haven and a quick visit to Warnham LNR

Up with the lark this morning - and as daylight dawned,  a beautifully colourful sunrise!


Out on the road for an early start - I was at Cuckhaven not long after 08.30 - which meant a choice of parking spaces in the car park! Result... :D

Just two drawbacks to the day... I went to the boot to get out camera and lenses.. oops.. camera present and correct with the 18-135 lens.. camera bag with the 100-400 oooops - I knew exactly where it was.. at home.. ready to be taken out to the car grrrrrr.
Ah well, it was to be a mixed day with landscapes and birds.

Glorious weather as I arrived.. and meandered down to the beach... the most impressive part of the day was the sound of skylarks singing virtually non stop the entire time I was there.. just wonderful.. Saw two flying high, and another two took off from the ground, where they'd been inivisible.

Hardly anyone about as I set off, had a nice chat with a fellow birder and a very responsible cyclist.. just enjoying the wall-to-wall sunshine and getting warmer by the minute.

I just walked.. no particular route in mind, except I knew I wanted to walk to the sea, which I did!




Many sheep but no lambs for them as yet!

















Saw quite  few Meadow Pipits..










Couldn't believe this.. a Peregrine Falcon! My only ever flight shot of one, I have to have the wrong lens.. so record shot only!  But nonetheless, please to have got it!







More Meadow Pipits around this area


One dog.. enjoying a swim, given its owner was throwing sticks into the water for it!!


I'd walked a few miles, so decided to leave and drive along the coast road!.. Think everyone else had had the same idea.. so I headed back home, grabbed my lens and spend a pleasant time at Warnham for a bit.

Would have been good to stay for a sunset but ...

8 Mute Swans out on the Mill Pond, the majority of which were youngsters.



A couple of Grey Wagtails..





The resident chickens running after their lord and master hoping for something to eat!

I walked around the road to see if any evident of the Grey Wags nesting.. but nothing I could see!


A great day out, blue skies, sunshine and feeling very warm

and tonight's sunset!




Back down to earth tomorrow..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails