My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 11 March 2019

Nymans Gardens and a short visit to Warnham LNR

I met a good friend today at Nymans Gardens... The sun shone, the sky was blue.. and the cold wind blew!!

However, we had a walk around the gardens.. Magnolias in flower everywhere.. beautiful!

























And whilst I was looking elsewhere, my friend said .. "look , three Buzzards" !!

I only had my travels lens with me, so a record shot of one of them only .. woo hoo though :D














Oh and a couple of owls :D . I had extreme difficulty identifying these two owls .. but pleased to say I had expert help.. .. thank you D.






after a bit to eat for lunch, I headed off for Warnham, LNR.. it was exceedingly quiet for birds, but  a few familiar birder faces.

A wren around the Woodpecker hide.

and some some Mallards... you can guess what was about today ?  ;)

a cormorant, the only one, having a dry off!

But the Mill Pond was looking lovely.

Good to get out ... enjoyed the company and the sunshine.. thank you IHD.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails