My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Beside the seaside, beside the sea....tra la!

Well - it seems a long time since I last posted!!

Several trips up and down to W.Sussex have now taken place and I had another today. I delivered further household effects to my daughter this morning and then visited my mother afterwards. Phew - only been home a short while and I'm roasting already!

When I arrived on the south coast at about 10.00 (later than planned!! oh I do love rush hour traffic!!) the sun was warm and the air cool. Lovely :D

Decided to take a few pics of what life will be like in my daughter's part of the world.

A bit further away and views along the beach..

and then look right..

Come back up onto the promenade for different views


now bring your eyes to the front and the view is...... well, endless.....

another view of the sea and gardens


Oh I would love to be there permanently. Today is so hot in suburbia - hot and sticky. On the coast its so much cooler - and, (according to SPD) there was a sea fog this afternoon. It's another way of life altogether :D

Oh - just to drop in a little wildlife as I'm getting withdrawal symptons, this Comma graced me with its presence yesterday!


Another trip at the weekend (J is coming home with me as he still has to see out the term at his school up my way - needless to say he's thrilled about that) - but it's meant to be cooler by then..

That's it for the mo!

19 comments:

mick said...

It looks lovely!

Chris said...

Lovely sea side!!! Lucky you to have so much sun, here it has been cloudy and cloudy!!

ShySongbird said...

That sea looks very tempting, it is so stifling here, it doesn't suit me at all. I love sunshine but not heat, especially when it is humid too. Glad you are back safe and sound. Such a pretty Comma photo.

avalon said...

Phew that tired me out just reading it!! lovely views

FAB said...

Lucky you, enjoying a cool sea breeze. Love the beach garden. As Jan says I can just feel the water lapping around my feet...well I can dream, can't I?

Anonymous said...

Looks a really nice area Tricia, lots of seaside walks. Shame about the singing though {:)

Janine said...

The seaside driftwood garden looks interesting. Glad you could take a break from hard work and relax in the cool breezes.

NatureStop said...

The beach garden looks cool.Nice views.

oldcrow61 said...

It looks like a lovely place. I like the beach garden.

Tricia Ryder said...

Mick - it is :D

Chris - It surely is great to have sun but it's a bit too warm at present - I'll send some over to you shall I?

Jan - There's not many people I've heard say they like these high temperatures! I heard on the news that the tea temperature is 16 degrees C. Very tempting I must add......

J - Thanks - hope you've recovered from your read :)

Frank - The beach garden is great with clever planting and sculptures. Nest time you're at Pulborough you'll have to go just those few miles more and dip your toes in!

Roy - A great shame about the singing!! Enough to clear large areas of all inhabitants! Lol

And I'm looking forward to more walks...

Janine - it was good not to have to work quite so hard!

NatureStop - it's a good place to be.

Tricia Ryder said...

OC - The Beach garden is a great idea and is planted and maintained by the local council. It's quite new but beginning to mature nicely :)

Midmarsh John said...

It looks beautiful and so peaceful for the time of year. You forgot to mention whether you had a paddle while you were there :)

We get the sea fret (fog) rolling in from the North Sea from time to time. It can go well past me even though I am about five miles inland from the coast. That really does drop the temperature.

holdingmoments said...

How nice to have the sea on your doorstep like that.
All the makings of great photo oppurtunities throughout the year.
The gardens look lovely.

Jayne said...

Oh your pictures have made me so envious again Tricia not the quality of your shots this time (although that goes without saying) but the views SPD has from her new home are just tremendous - I wish her good luck and lots of hapiness in her new home.
Jayne

Tricia Ryder said...

John - It was very peaceful. Mostly adults strolling about enjoying the day as we've not started the school holidays yet. Although, it's a quiet area anyway - as it's away from the main holiday "attractions".

Keith - very nice. I often visit that area with my mother in all seasons and each one has its own excitement.

Jayne - Thank you. Wonderful views and so refreshing after being so close to London!

SPD said...

Mum thanks for all your help couldn't have done it without you! Now you can have the best of the both worlds the fab wildlife where you are then the seascapes and seabirds with me when it gets too hot! Love SPD

Tricia Ryder said...

Aw SPD - you're welcome; just don't move more than once a year though please He He

I could almost say I have a town house and seaside home - but that would sound like two houses and I might get taken for a Member of Parliament - so think that's a bit too dangerous!

The Gorse Fox said...

GF recognises these photos... It looks like your daughter will be living close to Urban-cub's flat just a couple of miles along the beach from here.

Tricia Ryder said...

Ah GF - ladies with good choice of location methinks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails