My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 21 August 2011

Bushy Park.. just a quick visit


Had to do some essential food shopping today - so I bought a sandwich and headed off to eat it in Bushy.

The Fallow Deer Bucks - the usual group - were hanging around.


They are beginning to lose the "velvet" from their antlers; a sign that the rut is on its way




Some ladies might like these loooooong lashes..


A Mute Swan dozed; it was very warm and humid.

And the Canada Geese occupied the usual log: "Meerkat?" - "I'm a goose!!"

One of the many Black-headed Gulls now in winter plumage


and I met a couple of people who gave me some very useful information about their camera harnesses. I was very interested in the Canon 7D used by one of my fellow photographers in the park today; it was great to try it out and it's so fast!!

.... thank you both for your conversation and help :D

7 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Great shots!! What beautiful deer!

ADRIAN said...

Lovely images of the Deer. I have a spam filter on blogger that seems to work. Word verification is one of my pet hates.
Be careful around them in the rut.
I'm about to type 'redairea'. I hope.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I haven't yet seen deer losing the velvet on the antlers, but I must try and get out to do so. Love the eyelash close up too.

holdingmoments said...

Cracking shots of the deer Tricia.

7D is on my 'want' list when I get my redundancy lol

Bob Bushell said...

Brilliant shots.

oldcrow61 said...

You take such beautiful shots of the deer. I have to say that I also love the last shot of the gull.

Roy said...

The Canon 7D is a great camera Tricia and hopefully one day "my new one."

Related Posts with Thumbnails