My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 14 April 2019

Tilgate Park and Warnham LNR

Weather was iffy today... sunny intervals (more cloud than sun) and a bitterly cold wind.

I'd been wanting to explore Tilgate Park for a while and today (and thanks for the head's up, D..) I made it.

There were a pair of nesting Great Crested Grebes, Mallards, Canada Geese, Egyptian Geese, Coost and a solitary Mandarin duck,

There is a lot more that I want to explore but here's a few pics from today's walk around the lake.








As far as I could see, she had 2 eggs







































And then I headed off to Warnham, where I met a friend and we watched nest building Treecreepers for a long time..


and were rewarded with a robins (and a pair of them) , Grey Wagtails in the distance, Herons coming and going, Wrens.. Blue tits looking for a nest site, and several Great Tits.






and this amazing Fungi.. Maurice if you see this, I'm sure you will know what it is.. which I don't :)

The weather could have been much kinder, but the wildlife, the, almost constant bird song  and the spring growth was wonderful, and the company was good too!! ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails