My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 25 May 2019

Leaving Guernsey on 24 May 2019 - Walking the west coast

Really loved this holiday and spent most of my time walking.. been really great!
My last day, and wandered along the west coast before heading off for the airport.








Painted lady!








I'd seen two adult Shelducks in this spot previously so went back to see if they were still there.. They were and I noticed they had little ones.. so sat and watched them for some time.

I couldn't get too close and my lens was struggling but..


Swimming lessons






I drove further along the coast

Someone about to catch the breeze!


Bushes full of birds..


Beautiful colours of the starling!



















And as we took off from Guernsey airport.. hazy


Coming in to land at Gatwick



and home.  Really has been an amazing holiday.. lots of sunshine and blue sky, walked miles and visited two other islands by ferry on the calmest seas I've been on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails