My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 1 February 2008

An unexpected sun!

Thought today was going to be snowing but instead, the sun shone brightly and just a slight breeze.

OK - time constraints wouldn't allow a trip too far so headed off for Claremont Gardens again with camera. This time looking for birds. It's amazing the colours on some birds when they are floodlit by the sun.

After that visit, I headed off for Bushey Park.

Focused the shot - black-headed gulls whirling around. Great an action shot. Nothing happened! Now we all know how important it is to take a spare battery and memory card - which I did. I knew my battery was running low so expected to have to change it. This I did. The golden rule is to make sure that the last time you changed the battery - you remembered to charge it! All rules are made to be broken! So no pictures of Bushey Park today folks. Doh !

If anyone disagrees with my IDing - please do let me know!

Some colour -
Shelduck


Black Swans


Chiloe Wigeon

Female Mallard

and the beautiful emerald of a male Mallard

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ooops, I've done that a few times. Always have a spare battery for the camera in the car, but helps if I remember to bring it indoors to charge when I've swopped it over previously. Durrr!

Never mind, the ones you took are lovely. Nice to see the sun, glad I don't live 'oop north!

Related Posts with Thumbnails