My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 22 October 2011

Back up to London Wetland Centre and Bushy Park

Had a wander along the beach the other day and saw a Wheatear... pity it was so far away.


Today I went back to Barnes... have to travel further to get there now I'm down in Sussex. Few birds around but the Autumn colours as I arrived were lovely.







A robin proclaimed a beautiful day with its wonderful song!


and a Green Woodpecker remained elusive in the distance

I headed off for Bushy in the hope of seeing something of the rut.... all was quiet though.

This Mum and youngster seemed quite agitated... it might have been they were looking for the rest of the herd.


The weather - was glorious and the sun was so warm..... lovely :D

5 comments:

Wilma said...

Looks like the ducks were making a beeline for you! Wonderful shots with such rich colors and textures.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks for visiting Wilma...I'm always pleased to see you here# one of my most faithful followers :D

But I'm confused.... ducks?

Liz said...

Hi Tricia,

Lovely photos; I hope the sun lasts for a little longer but it seems we're slowly and steadily slipping towards November when there's little to no chance of it being warm again until Feb :(

You moved? I must've missed a post somewhere but did notice you mentioned it on twitter to the Nattrust. I hope the move went well! I'm not so sure I'd want to be attempting a move in the current economy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia.

Nice photo of the Wheatear, love the forefront, and backdrop of photo.

Great catch of Robin too, aint they sweet little fella's.

The Green Wood pecker, really well caught well done you.

paul.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very nice day there. Great shot of the woody.

Related Posts with Thumbnails