My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Homeward bound and National Trust Stourhead revisted....

On the basis "all good things must come to an end"... not only the very welcome break down in Devon but, it seemed at the time, the good weather too. We left in rain and drove through varying amounts of it on our way to Stourhead. Finally, the clouds parted and the sun shone.

I've visited Stourhead many times and now in early Autumn. Mostly I've been in the spring and early summer.

It was very still initially.... and this provided some "reflective" moments.. the autumn colouring was just appearing..






























A very welcome and enjoyable few days; accommodation and meals were very good as was the company;) thanks Pete.

3 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Cool pics!! I especially like the older structures around the grounds....especially the cabin with smoke rising in the air. That gave me a warm feeling....and a swan in the water....I'd love to see this sometime down the road:)

Roy said...

Its a great place to visit Tricia, especially as I originate from near there.
Lots of shady lanes for courting couples, but I wont go into detail.{:)
Lovely images you have taken. Thanks.

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful shots. A beautiful place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails