My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 10 February 2012

Fieldfares and Redwings... but a different garden.

Well - given that I was delighted to see Fieldfares and Redwings from my new garden, I was even more delighted today when visiting Mum to find the same visitors IN her garden.  She has a wonderful cotoneaster full of berries which the other birds have ignored - which had left plenty for the redwings...

I grabbed the camera from the car... needless to say they were in the shady bit of the garden at the time...

The fieldfare (and I think there was at least 1 more) was being very noisy and displaying..




and several Redwings... but mostly just a couple at a time on the berries...

Now... can I reach that juicy berry?


hmmmm

Yes - I can :D



3 comments:

Piter K. Boll said...

Those birds from genus Turdus are always so lovely, no matter where you are. Here in Brazil we can watch them displaying gracefully in gardens too, specially the Rufous-bellied thrush (Turdus rufiventris).

holdingmoments said...

Great visitors to have to your new home Tricia.
There seems to be some large flocks of both of these birds around at the moment. I just wish they'd visit my garden lol

oldcrow61 said...

I expect that once you get feeders up, you won't see the garden for the birds,lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails