My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 12 February 2012

Birds and Beasties - cold in London

Well, a lovely weekend which started with a rather nice surprise. I'd been wanting a new DAB radio for my new home but felt I should be concentrating on boring things like washing machines and microwave ovens before treating myself to a new radio.

I arrived at Pete's on Saturday as we were off to a concert in London on the Sunday, and was greeted with a rather lovely house warming present of a DAB radio... it's great with a beautiful tone (just the ticket for listening to classical music) and looks pretty cool too! thank you so much Pete .... :)

I was unsuccessful with my hunt for microwaves, so Pete bravely volunteered to come bac kout with me to help in my search...wow :D.. unfortunately they didn't have the one I liked in stock!!

So Sunday morning dawned cold and misty.  We arrived early for a walk in St James's park... even the birds an quirrels looked cold today and, by golly, it WAS bitterly cold.

So a good walk and the morning got brighter just before we headed off to Wigmore Hall for the oncert; today we had the Prazak Quartet playing String Quartet in D by Mozart followed by the String Quartet in B sharp by Brahms.. the latter of which I preferred; some very accomplished playing and my admiration for their professionalism as they played on seemingly unfazed by two people having coughing fits during the performance...  A pity also about the two rather chatty ladies sittig behind us!

So now... some rather cold scenes and wildlife
















Don't quite know what was going on between these two....;)

My additional heating: a tail that warms my back!



















3 comments:

Wilma said...

Had to google "DAB Radio" - don't have in the US. Too bad; seems like a good idea! Those birds look pretty darn cold, poor things. Hope it warms up soon.

holdingmoments said...

Good ol' Pete :-)

That poor Coot looks freezing in that picture. Must be tough for them all at this time of year.

oldcrow61 said...

The birds do seem to be puffed up to try and keep warm. Love the squirrel. Great shots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails