My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day strolling at Polesden Lacey & a warm scone..

The forecast for today was not good... threat of rain - it did - and possible snow - it didn't.

After scraping the frost off the car, I headed off for Polesden Lacey.. one of the few NT properties open in my area today... pity closer ones were closed....

I started with brekkie - a rather warm fruit scone - it was steaming as I cut it open.. lovely.  I would just add that lovely as it was, I think it could have done with a tad longer in the oven? but noetheless a 4 out 5!




I spent a while in the bird hide.  Nuthatches were nice,



and a coal tit popped on and off the feeder too. - and, what I think was a Willow Warbler - it was so fast and never really showed itself but......








































A lovely wander and by the time I left there the car park was very well populated... everyone out to walk off their lunch of yesterday no doubt

And as I arrived home.. the promised rain arrived...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails