My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 31 December 2007

On the eve of a New Year

The last day of the year; so where did the last 12 months go?

I don't know whether it is getting older that seems to speed up the passing moments or whether I'm just getting busier. On the whole it's not been too bad a year with highlights and low lights which, I imagine, is much the same for most folks.

Well, I ask myself, what's on the agenda for 2008?

The first item is not to make any new year resolutions as I never seem to keep them. Instead I shall have a "wish list". One of the principal items being I would very much like to go further afield than my local patch to go birding and visit areas I've not visited so far.

I'm looking forward to holidaying down in Langford in Devon again this year. Will be staying at The Dairy House again. I can't recommend this highly enough. Situated not far from Cullompton and about 15 miles from Exeter, Dairy House is in the middle of beautiful countryside where wildlife abounds; your nearest neighbour being about a quarter of a mile away. Both the luxurious accommodation and open countryside are the best as is the welcome and care from hosts, Di and Richard!

There's not many who can claim that they had swallows nesting about 1 metre underneath their balcony whilst another Mum & Dad with their young, had their home "spot" on the roof of the building. Even a Spotted Flycatcher decided to build her nest during our stay in 2007. Bliss!

And so, finally for 2007, here is my new year message to all those who pop in and, with patience, read my blog......

Click to play For+2008
Create your own free ecard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free ecard - it's easy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails