My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 29 December 2007

This morning I had two male siskins enjoying the nyger seed and the female blackcap occupied her usual place in the fat feeders. Yesterday (I'd forgotten) there was a Green Woodpecker hopping up the trunk of the Oak Tree and today I had a long-awaited return visit from a female Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I think I might have had a brambling in the garden with a small flock of chaffinches. By the time the bins were in focus it had moved around to the back of the feeder. I do hope, whatever it is, appears again tomorrow so I can get a better ID and, if light enough, a picture.

The sun was shining today; what a difference.

There are five hungry squirrels who frequent my mother's garden and have completely wrecked one of her seed feeders. So today found us in a very good garden centre which has an excellent choice of feeders. A new seed feeder was purchased and being a traditional Droll Yankee should defeat the squirrel.


Not much else to say really; taking Mum home tomorrow morning and if the weather permits I might have a walk around Warnham Nature Reserve (in West Sussex) on the way home. This where I saw my first, and only, Citti's Warbler

Just a personal note - you may not be with us Dad but Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails