My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 18 August 2013

Flutters at RSPB Pulborough..and all quiet at Petworth

Up and out before the visitor centre opened at Pulborough.  It was rather dull and cool but the butterflies were fairly slow moving.

Just a few from the day!!




Not sure what was going on here!






Starlings were landing on the cattle's noses - seemed to be feeding... insects I would suspect.. but the cattle didn't seem to mind!



This Migrant Hawker was rather obliging! - I'm always amazed by the detail in Dragonflies!!


I was watched as I walked!




and on the way out, this junior Great Spotted Woodpecker was paying a visit!

whilst a rabbit dozed!

and as there was still time, I wandered off for a visit to NT Petworth Park... the gardens are fairly colourless at this time of the year - Spring and Autumn are entirely different of course!


Many Greylags out on the lake




and dozens of very noisy Canada Geese... I got the impression they were ready for the off!




There was a nature trail for the children.. I thought this owl was quite clever carved into the tree..

and an addition of a bat and some fungi in this one






and that was that... had a piece of Date & Walnut cake with an apple juice and headed off.

Very pleasant impromptu visits















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails