My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 7 October 2013

Wandering through Hyde Park and the streets of London

As posted yesterday, we were off to a Wigmore Hall concert and an opera at the Coliseum (as posted yesterday)

After breakie at Pret a Manger, we wandered into Hyde Park.  There was a half-marathon being run to raise money for charity so, although it was quiet as we arrived, it got considerably busier later in the morning!






I was using the Panasonic GX7 which is slightly faster focusing than the G5 I have, so I was keen to put it through its paces on some birds.

The day was glorious - warm with a great deal of sunshine... temperatures in the low 60s... I could live with these conditions quite happily :D




Several Great Crested Grebes about and at least one family... I think there were 5 youngsters but trying to get pictures through the trees was a challenge!!





Never thought I'd say this, but it was good to hear and see the Ring-necked Parakeets again... I sought of miss them...




The foot of a Mute Swan..


































No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails