My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Patching Pond

I had to go out this afternoon, but made a detour to Patching Pond on the way back... this is privately owned but there's a lay-by at the 'road' end of it.  I've seen Great Crested Grebes there nearly every year since I discovered the pond... and today... there was one present.  Let's hope they'll be a second and there will be young ones on the pond again...






3 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

That fellow looks like he's sporting his breeding colours, he is very bright!

Tricia Ryder said...

My apologies for late posting of your comment Simon... think I've had a blogger problem.

and yes, in full breeding plumage! which is lovely

Joe Biden said...

Nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails