My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 29 August 2015

Ickworth... and some essential shopping...

Decided it was going to be Ickworth today..... arrived nice and early and had the gardens to myself for a while....





















The Stumpery




I had an OC moment here ...



Messrs. Quacks & Ponders gazed out over the gardens..


The boys had a game of chess.... Ponders had a nap whilst waiting for Quacks to make his very well-considered move...








Hmmmm.. scone of the month White Choc and Raspberry... I would have preferred it to be a little moister...






















Some of the vegetable beds are maintained by a local school...



A lovely walk..... and on the way back... a stop for cheese & wine buying...



1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Good to see plenty of colour still around.

Just seeing your shieldbug reminded me I haven't seen one this year. Loads last year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails