My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Highdown Gardens.. on the spur of the moment..

Had the dentist today.... all ok... and the sun was shining so on my way to the shops I called in at Widewater Lagoon.  Very quiet on the water, but the Kestrel posed for me.  It then got disturbed and finally flew off before I could take any more pics..



Shopping done... eat a sandwich in the car and decided to visit Highdown Gardens as I was in the area.  This is a council maintained garden on a very chalky hillside.








Am hearing Robins everywhere at the moment.. just lovely



and pink blossom against the blue sky!




























and after a cuppa at the cafe nearby... back to the car park.. this is the view from it !!!..
Hence the name "Highdown"


2 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Beautiful beautiful kestrel!

Tricia Ryder said...

Thank you Simon... it's a regular at Widewater Lagoon... which is lovely

Related Posts with Thumbnails