My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 11 November 2017

Remembering.....

Another year has been and gone... and I can never let the 11 November pass without thinking of all those who gave so much that we could enjoy the freedom we have today.

I dedicate this post to everyone, regardless of race, creed, nationality or colour, who has been affected by any action of war, or of war itself.

My maternal Grandfather... killed when he was in the Home Guard... I never knew him.


My father... a member of the Canadian forces who come over to the UK in WW2 and gave his life in Italy.. I was 9 months old.. I never knew him

And my mother.. who worked in the Land Army during WW2 - I was so lucky to have had her in my life until just a couple of years ago.


There is no more I can say .....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails