My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 16 November 2017

Impromptu Birding..

I was meeting my daughter & grandson today for a snack lunch down by the beach.

I left early and stopped at a local field right by the beach.. good time of year to find birds.

The 'catch' 1 Brent Goose, various Gulls including 2 Med Gulls, 3 Skylarks, Mixed flock of sever Dunlin, Sanderlings, Ringed Plovers, Turnstones .. and a fellow birder, Nick which was a nice surprise.

It was very dull and overcast so ...first 3 pics... record pics only..




Then lunchtime at the Sea Lane Cafe.. good as ever!!

The sun came out so, as the tide was now a reasonable way out, I wandered down to the beach..



Probably over 100 in the flock of small birds feeding as the tide went out.. Sanderlings and Dunlin.. not to mention very many gulls...

This bird is ringed!












And then all the birds flew up.... chased by a dog... the whole beach was empty except for me and the dog walker!!!  I was obviously standing taking pictures... the dog walker couldn't have cared less!!

The sun didn't last for long.... so time to go..

Great to see my daughter & grandson.. and a really good outing of impromptu birding.!!

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Great to wander out and see such good birds on your doorstep!

Related Posts with Thumbnails