My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 14 October 2008

Night and Day..... and a LTT

There was almost a full moon last night (13 October) and tonight it will be a full moon - but, today is very cloudy and likely to be so during this evening.

I decided to experiment with taking pictures of the moon. These shots are hand-held (because I was too lazy to fetch the tripod from the boot of my car). I took these from a front window of the house, just using the window-sill to steady my hands - shouldn't have been so lazy and fetched the tripod!!

(The shots are all from the same window)

Moonlight
This picture was taken first with the cloud partially covering it:
f5.6, 1/60 second, 400mm, auto setting


f10, 1/200 second, manual setting, 400mm


Sunrise
Then this morning, in suburbia, the sun rose against a dappled sky.
f13; 1/200 second, Ap. priority, 400mm


f13; 1/2500 second, Ap. priority, 400mm


Edited:
Just after I'd published this post I went outside to clean the windscreen of my car. This coincided with the (almost) daily routine of several Long-tailed Tits; they land in the conifer on the opposite side of the road - then fly to the telephone cable that runs to the house and from there into my back garden to the feeders.

Tonight, I had the camera handy so fired off a few shots. A flock of Ring-necked Parakeets then treated me to a fly-past - travelling west - which is in the direction of the Rugby Club roost - I wonder if they're back there!
(Lousy lighting but they're a record shot)

Ooops - nearly missed this one!



Fly-past of Parakeets

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely moon shots Tricia, I had a go last year too :)

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH how beautiful is that? I just love the moon pictures.

Tricia Ryder said...

Liz and Carin - many thanks ladies :)

Roger B. said...

Great photos!

Welcome to UK Natural History Bloggers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails